Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our school community. St Patrick’s School is a State Integrated Catholic school. We provide quality primary and intermediate education for children aged 5 – 13 years of age.
The school is located in a beautiful park like setting, serving families from the suburbs of Bryndwr, Fendalton, Merivale and Strowan. However we have a number of families who also travel to the school from the other areas in Christchurch, Selwyn and Waimakariri.
Enrolment at St Patrick’s is available to any student whose family can meet one or more of five eligibility criteria for enrolment in a Catholic School. These criteria establish a child’s connection with the Church and the wish of their family to have their child taught within the environment and ethos of our Catholic Special Character.
The five eligibility criteria are:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the child’s life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Once granted the preference of enrolment form will be completed and counter-signed by the parish priest of the Holy Trinity Parish, which is located next to the St Patrick’s School grounds.
Parents or Caregivers wishing to enrol their children at St Patrick’s School can obtain a Pre-enrolment and Preference of Enrolment Form from the school office or download a form and return it to the school.
Please note, a signed preference certificate does not guarantee enrolment and that this may depend on school capacity. Please click here to view our Enrolment Policy.
Please make an appointment to meet with the Principal, Tom Wallis.
Phone (03) 3515590
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit the online Pre-Enrolment Form below:
*Please note all fields are required.